Our client is a leading UK Specialist Architectural Glazing Contractor have an immediate requirement for a technically astute façade technician. Established for over 25 years they have a proven track record in providing bespoke façade solutions.
As a member of the Design Department, you will report directly to the Design Office Manager, while working within a project design team under the direction of the Technical Manager & Dept Head.
The role is to be part of a team of Designers working within the Design Department. To create quality/ accurate drawings and technical information for submission which meet the client’s needs while being in line with the company’s scope of work, quality standards and Design office policy, for both internal and external customers. Be an important part of a growing the Design office, continually growing Skills and knowledge with the aim to progress through the Design office structure.
• Be an active member of the Design team providing clear and concise information required for the client approval and installation of the project.
• Review product specifications, tender specifications and BOQs
• To produce working drawings in line with the project Specification and tender submittal using AutoCAD / Revit software.
• Work closely with the Design Manager/ Senior Designer hi-lighting when individual tasks are completed in line with the project programme and hi-light any issues or obstacles which could delay the submittal of information.
• Undertake liaison and coordination with 3rd party project design team, Architects, Main contractors & Consultants
• Be aware of offices procedures for the creation of external Request for Information submittals and internal Potential Variations to the tendered Scope of Work.
• Create information for submittal throughout the project approval stage to meet the Design intent to a high-quality standard while incorporating all regulations/ standards, customer requirements while in line with the Tender submission and Design office policy’s
• Responsible for meeting agreed deadlines and managing time to meet programme.
• Responsible for checking the quality and accuracy of your own work prior to final internal QA check by the Design Manager or Technical Manager/ Design Office Manager
• Work on defined tasks under limited supervision with some autonomy
• Attendance at site meetings and technical meetings for each project when necessary
• Compile material Schedules and fabrication drawings for purchasing of external manufacturing in line with dates indicated on the procurement schedule.
• Create site information packages which are clear and concise for the installation stage of the project. If required provide Toolbox Talk with site team to give an understanding of the information provided.
• Have an interest in the systems and developments within the industry.
• All other duties that may be reasonably required with job holders level in the company.
For any more information on the role please contact Clare O'Hare.
Office 10, ITEC Business Park, 52 Armagh Road, Newry, Down, BT35 6DN
Tel NI: 028 30898345
Tel ROI: 01531 4886
Connect with Us: