Inform3 are recruiting a H&S Officer for a Derry based Contractor working on residential projects in Belfast & Derry.
Job Title: HSQE Officer
Job Location: Antrim & Derry
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
- Ensure a safe & professional workplace
- Procure all necessary PPE and Health and Safety equipment required for the company
- Carry out risk assessments on a regular basis
- Outline safety measures taking into account any potential hazards
- Ensure all practices comply with current legislation and liaise with external H&S authorities
- Ensure inspections are done, fire drills and alarms correctly reported, lone working procedures managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities
- Carry out new start inductions
- See to it that the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas relating to health, safety and welfare at work
- Record any incidents/accidents and produce in reports to management
- Ensure all persons working on site/ in the office/in the workshop have the correct certification/cards for access to site etc.
- Participate in meetings to report on relevant H&S matters
- Establish a full programme of documented H&S inspections, audits and checks
- Advise on areas such as fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise and machinery.
- NEBOSH Certification required
- CSR/CSCS Card
- Recent and relevant Health and Safety experience in a fast-paced environment
- IOSH membership desirable
- Excellent IT skills especially MS products
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) and build relationships with colleagues, customers and other stakeholders
- NEBOSH Diploma preferred
- Experience of handling H&S investigations and advising manager/supervisors
- Proactive approach with the ability to adapt to changing situations and duties
- Residential experienced desired
For any queries or further information on the role, please contact Conor at Inform3 recruitment on 015 314 886.