Opportunity for a Junior Quantity Surveyor
Junior Quantity Surveyor – Co. Cork
Building & Civil Engineering contractors on the lookout for a Graduate or Junior QS to come into the business and assist the current commercial team. They offer a range of services from traditional construction and project management through to complete project design and build for clients in the public and private sector. Their significant expertise would be in Water & Wastewater, Urban Streetscape Renewal and Roads & Transportation sectors.
Brilliant opportunity for the right candidate to come in and gain the knowledge and experience from a reputable contractor.
• Preparing, negotiating and analysing costs for tenders and contracts
• Procurement of sub-contractors and preparation of sub-contractor order documentation
• Assessing and certification of sub-contractor interim payments
• Preparation of Interim valuations and final account
• Managing and valuing variations
• Assist in the production of pre-contract take-off, interim valuation and final account.
• Tracking design changes as a project evolves
• Production of monthly Cost Value Reconciliation on contracts
• Establish, maintain and enhance effective working relationships with subcontractors and site staff
• Plan, allocate and evaluate work carried out by teams, individuals and yourself
What you need
• A higher-level qualification in Quantity Surveying or a related field
• 1+years’ experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
• Driven Team player
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
For any more information on the role please contact Blaine McManus on 015314886 or 02830898345.
Office 10, ITEC Business Park, 52 Armagh Road, Newry, Down, BT35 6DN
Tel NI: 028 30898345
Tel ROI: 01531 4886
Connect with Us: