Opportunity for a Junior Quantity Surveyor
Junior Quantity Surveyor – Banbridge
Specialist joinery contractor currently on the lookout for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their team and run jobs themselves. They have a number of projects based in Northern Ireland but also do some work in the South of Ireland too, this includes fitout services for residential and commercial properties, while also providing a range of other services.
Fantastic opportunity for anyone wishing to develop their skills and gain mentorship and guidance from management to move into a project management position and progress your career further.
- Preparing, negotiating and analysing costs for tenders and contracts
- Procurement of sub-contractors and preparation of sub-contractor order documentation
- Assessing and certification of sub-contractor interim payments
- Preparation of Interim valuations and final account
- Managing and valuing variations
- Assist in the production of pre-contract take-off, interim valuation and final account.
- Tracking design changes as a project evolves
- Production of monthly Cost Value Reconciliation on contracts
- Establish, maintain and enhance effective working relationships with subcontractors and site staff
- Plan, allocate and evaluate work carried out by teams, individuals and yourself
- Attend site meetings when required.
What you need
- A higher-level qualification in Quantity Surveying, Construction, Engineering, Commercial Management or a related field
- 2-4 years’ Joinery experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Driven Team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
For any more information on the role please contact Blaine McManus on 015314886 or 02830898345.