Junior Quantity Surveyor Cork €35-45k
A civil engineering and building contractor based in Cork is currently on the lookout for a Junior QS to join their commercial team and assist on projects within numerous sectors. They work within numerous sectors and areas of construction including Residential, Commercial, Manufacturing, Pharma, Hospitability, and many more.
They are looking for a driven, problem solving, details orientated candidate to come into the business and hit the ground running. A fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to progress their career in the right direction, while earning an enticing salary!
- Liaise with customers and project managers
- Management of commercial and contractual aspects of relationships with customers, consultants and subcontractors
- Measure, price, negotiate and agree budgets and costs for variations to project scope
- Check project costs are correct and raise/resolve queries where necessary
- Attend pre-contract meetings, liaise with a wide range of construction professionals, and ensure timely completion of agreed actions
- Produce and maintain up to date procurement schedules
- Compile and issue invitations to tender, analyse subcontractor quotations and make recommendations for placement of orders
- Compile subcontract orders for approval
- Visit site to measure and value works completed
- Assess subcontractor payment entitlement and process payments
- Carry out reconciliation of cost and value to date/forecast to keep the management team informed of project performance
- Work closely with contract and site management staff to support the smooth running of the office and the site, carrying out other duties as required
- Assist in the guidance and development of junior surveyors
- Other commercial matters as required
What you need
- Hold Degree in Quantity Surveying / Construction Management
- Motivated, driven and works well within team
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel and Word
- 2-3 years experience
For any more information on the role please contact Fionnuala Lambe on 015314886 or 02830898345.