Junior Quantity Surveyor Tipperary €35-45k
Civils contractor with over 50 years’ experience in the business is on the lookout for a Junior QS to join their commercial team in Tipperary.
Our client is based in Cashel, Co. Tipperary and distributes all over Ireland, the UK and parts of Europe & Africa.
A fantastic opportunity for a Junior QS to gain experience from a well-established contractor and progress their career whilst earning an enticing salary!
- Liaise with customers and project managers
- Management of commercial and contractual aspects of relationships with customers, consultants and subcontractors
- Measure, price, negotiate and agree budgets and costs for variations to project scope
- Check project costs are correct and raise/resolve queries where necessary
- Attend pre-contract meetings, liaise with a wide range of construction professionals, and ensure timely completion of agreed actions
- Produce and maintain up to date procurement schedules
- Compile and issue invitations to tender, analyse subcontractor quotations and make recommendations for placement of orders
- Compile subcontract orders for approval
- Visit site to measure and value works completed
- Assess subcontractor payment entitlement and process payments
- Carry out reconciliation of cost and value to date/forecast to keep the management team informed of project performance
- Work closely with contract and site management staff to support the smooth running of the office and the site, carrying out other duties as required
- Assist in the guidance and development of junior surveyors
- Other commercial matters as required
What you need
- Hold Degree in Quantity Surveying / Construction Management
- Motivated, driven and works well within team
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel and Word
- 1-2 years experience
For any more information on the role please contact Fionnuala Lambe on 015314886 or 02830898345.