Junior Quantity Surveyor Dublin €35-45K
A very busy Civil Engineering company currently looking for a Junior Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team and assist on current projects. They work on a diverse range of projects including demolition, civil engineering, structural alterations and conservation works.
As a Junior Quantity Surveyor, you will gain excellent expertise and knowledge, all whilst being able to support and assist the team. Fantastic opportunity for a hardworking individual to progress their career further and gain guidance from a great management team.
- Liaise with customers and project managers
- Management of commercial and contractual aspects of relationships with customers, consultants and subcontractors
- Measure, price, negotiate and agree budgets and costs for variations to project scope
- Check project costs are correct and raise/resolve queries where necessary
- Attend pre-contract meetings, liaise with a wide range of construction professionals, and ensure timely completion of agreed actions
- Produce and maintain up to date procurement schedules
- Compile and issue invitations to tender, analyse subcontractor quotations and make recommendations for placement of orders
- Compile subcontract orders for approval
- Visit site to measure and value works completed
- Assess subcontractor payment entitlement and process payments
- Carry out reconciliation of cost and value to date/forecast to keep the management team informed of project performance
- Work closely with contract and site management staff to support the smooth running of the office and the site, carrying out other duties as required
- Assist in the guidance and development of junior surveyors
- Other commercial matters as required
What you need
- Hold Degree in Quantity Surveying / Construction Management
- Motivated, driven and works well within team
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel and Word
- 2+ years experience
For any more information on the role please contact Fionnuala Lambe on 015314886 or 02830898345.