Fantastic Opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor – Dungannon
Managing Quantity Surveyor – Dungannon
Family run business based in Dungannon is currently on the lookout for a Managing QS to manage a team of Quantity Surveyors and oversee progression of sites while managing programs and clients. This contractor is well established and one of the leading building and public work contractors based in Northern Ireland.
Great role if you are a motivated individual, with a pride in your work, wishing to progress your career with a business that has been operating within the industry for many years. They provide as much investment in their staff as they do their clients.
Career progression opportunities to commercial management position in the pipeline with this role.
- Liaise with customers and project managers
- Management of commercial and contractual aspects of relationships with customers, consultants and subcontractors
- Measure, price, negotiate and agree budgets and costs for variations to project scope
- Check project costs are correct and raise/resolve queries where necessary
- Attend pre-contract meetings, liaise with a wide range of construction professionals, and ensure timely completion of agreed actions
- Produce and maintain up to date procurement schedules
- Compile and issue invitations to tender, analyse subcontractor quotations and make recommendations for placement of orders
- Compile subcontract orders for approval
- Visit site to measure and value works completed
- Assess subcontractor payment entitlement and process payments
- Carry out reconciliation of cost and value to date/forecast to keep the management team informed of project performance
- Work closely with contract and site management staff to support the smooth running of the office and the site, carrying out other duties as required
- Assist in the guidance and development of junior surveyors
- Other commercial matters as required
What you need
- Hold Degree in Quantity Surveying / Construction Management
- Highly motivated hard-working individual who can work on their own or as part as a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Great communication skills both verbal and Written
- 7+ Years’ Experience
For any more information on the role please contact Blaine McManus on 015314886 or 02830898345.