Opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor in Newry & Mourne
Junior/ Intermediate Quantity Surveyor Newry & Mourne
A well-established main contractor currently on the lookout for a QS to join their commercial team and actively work on MTC contracts they have across NI. This contractor has frameworks within the healthcare industry and will be working on these projects for the next number of years. They also work in a number of other sectors including Commercial, Educational, Conservation, Residential, Leisure & Fitout.
It is vital that the candidate has great communication skills both verbally and written, and has the ability to manage and build relationships between clients and internal teams.
- Liaise with customers and project managers
- Measure, price, negotiate and agree budgets and costs for variations to project scope
- Check project costs are correct and raise/resolve queries where necessary
- Attend pre-contract meetings, liaise with a wide range of construction professionals, and ensure timely completion of agreed actions
- Produce and maintain up to date procurement schedules
- Compile and issue invitations to tender, analyse subcontractor quotations and make recommendations for placement of orders
- Compile subcontract orders for approval
- Visit site to measure and value works completed
- Assess subcontractor payment entitlement and process payments
- Carry out reconciliation of cost and value to date/forecast to keep the management team informed of project performance
- Work closely with contract and site management staff to support the smooth running of the office and the site, carrying out other duties as required
- Assist in the guidance and development of junior surveyors
What you need
- Hold Degree in Quantity Surveying / Construction Management
- Motivated, driven and works well within team
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel and Word
- 3+ years experience
For any more information on the role please contact Blaine McManus on 015314886 or 02830898345.