Opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor in Armagh
Quantity Surveyor - Armagh
Specialist joinery fitout contractor currently on the lookout for an experienced QS with a number of year’s experience managing projects from start to finish. They specialise in hospitality, corporate, leisure and deluxe residential projects. Fantastic opportunity to progress your career and manage multiple projects at once and develop your skillset.
If you are motivated individual, with a pride in their work and the brand they represent this company is a perfect fit for you. They provide as much investment in their staff as they do with their clients.
- Liaise with customers and project managers
- Management of commercial and contractual aspects of relationships with customers, consultants and subcontractors
- Measure, price, negotiate and agree budgets and costs for variations to project scope
- Check project costs are correct and raise/resolve queries where necessary
- Attend pre-contract meetings, liaise with a wide range of construction professionals, and ensure timely completion of agreed actions
- Produce and maintain up to date procurement schedules
- Compile and issue invitations to tender, analyse subcontractor quotations and make recommendations for placement of orders
- Compile subcontract orders for approval
- Visit site to measure and value works completed
- Assess subcontractor payment entitlement and process payments
- Carry out reconciliation of cost and value to date/forecast to keep the management team informed of project performance
- Work closely with contract and site management staff to support the smooth running of the office and the site, carrying out other duties as required
What you need
- Hold Degree in Quantity Surveying / Construction Management
- Motivated, driven and works well within team
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel and Word
- 5+ years experience
For any more information on the role please contact Blaine McManus on 015314886 or 02830898345.