Quantity Surveyor Dundalk €40-45K
Family run building and civil engineering contractor currently looking to expand their commercial team and take on a Quantity Surveyor to work on current and upcoming projects!
Fantastic opportunity to work with a well-established contractor and progress your career through the guidance of senior staff within the business. They work on a number of projects, including areas such as residential, commercial, industrial, schools and many others.
If you’re a motivated individual, with a pride in their work and the brand they represent, this company is the perfect fit for you!
- Liaise with customers and project managers
- Management of commercial and contractual aspects of relationships with customers, consultants and subcontractors
- Measure, price, negotiate and agree budgets and costs for variations to project scope
- Check project costs are correct and raise/resolve queries where necessary
- Attend pre-contract meetings, liaise with a wide range of construction professionals, and ensure timely completion of agreed actions
- Produce and maintain up to date procurement schedules
- Compile and issue invitations to tender, analyse subcontractor quotations and make recommendations for placement of orders
- Compile subcontract orders for approval
- Visit site to measure and value works completed
- Assess subcontractor payment entitlement and process payments
- Carry out reconciliation of cost and value to date/forecast to keep the management team informed of project performance
- Work closely with contract and site management staff to support the smooth running of the office and the site, carrying out other duties as required
- Assist in the guidance and development of junior surveyors
- Other commercial matters as required
What you need
- Hold Degree in Quantity Surveying / Construction Management
- Motivated, driven and works well within team
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel and Word
- 2-3 years experience
For any more information on the role please contact Fionnuala Lambe on 015314886 or 02830898345.