INFORM3 Recruitment are currently recruiting on behalf of a Main Contractor for:
Job Title – Intermediate to Senior Quantity Surveyor
Project – Commercial & Residential
Job Location – Strabane
Salary - £40K - £50K (negotiable depending on experience)
About the Company
I have an excellent, new opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor who wants to push on in their career with a busy Main Contractor working on a wide variety of projects across NI.
The successful candidate will be based in the office but will be required to visit sites 1 day per week. Sites vary in size across NI – including Belfast. Travel will be covered by the business.
My client is going through a very busy period and have been winning a lot of work recently so ideally would like to get someone with similar experience who can hit the ground running!
- Preparing, negotiating and analysing costs for tenders and contracts
- Ensure sub-contractors are pre-qualified in accordance with management systems
- Procurement of sub-contractors and preparation of sub-contractor order documentation
- Assessing and certification of sub-contractor interim payments
- Re-measurement of Bills of Quantities
- Carrying out Material Take-offs
- Preparation of Interim valuations and final account
- Managing and valuing variations
- Production of monthly Cost Value Reconciliation on contracts
- Establish, maintain and enhance effective working relationships
- Plan, allocate and evaluate work carried out by teams, individuals and yourself
What You Need
- Third level qualification in QS or Construction management.
- 3-5 years’ experience with a Main Contractor or Subcontractor in the UK, ROI or NI.
- Ideally will have knowledge and experience with general building contracts including all associated external and internal packages.
- Comfortable with Material Take Offs
- Experience working on JCT and NEC Contracts in NI.
- Proficient in Microsoft excel and project
- Driven Team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
For any additional information on the role, please contact Tanya McCann at Inform3 Recruitment.