INFORM3 is recruiting for an established and growing contractor within the Civil Engineering sector, we are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join the existing surveying team on a permanent basis.
This role will entail assisting to deliver the surveying element of large Infrastructure developments with associated New build warehouses, including but not limited to associated earthworks, Infrastructure, Drainage, highway works, utilities, resurfacing and site structures.
The role would suit an experienced Quantity Surveyor, ideally with a min of 3 years practice, with strong Construction and Civil Engineering experience. This position will provide the opportunity to join a growing business, who offer an excellent salary + package, together with an excellent working environment.
Daily Duties will include but are not limited to:
· Taking off from drawings, preparing Bills of Quantities
· Pricing works, site variations, preparing unit rates/outputs/ costs
· Completing actual site work done measurements and submitting monthly valuations to the client
· Supporting the site team and Commercial Manager, with project and commercial deliverables.
· Preparing sub-contract tender packages where required, carrying out comparisons and placing relevant orders.
· Collating, Interpreting and analysing project commercial records.
· Produce monthly cost & value forecasts, including monthly project review reports.
· Producing early warnings, risk areas and compensation events.
· Supporting the Commercial Manager with any wider commercial issues.
· Ensuring cost control is maintained throughout all functions.
Candidates will require previous experience:
· Working on and overseeing the Quantity surveying for the construction of new build Industrial Units/Warehouse projects, inclusive of Earthworks, Drainage, Structures and related works, inclusive of roads & highways, drainage & utilities etc.
· Working within Civil Engineering sector, ideally on similar projects.
· Completing measurements and outputs for the related works, noted above.
· Working on relevant forms of contracts, such as NEC or JCT would be an advantage.
Candidates will ideally have:
· A relevant qualification in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering (i.e. Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent).
· Previous experience working in a similar role, as a Quantity Surveyor.
· Strong commercial, communications, and IT skills.
Please contact Ethan Campbell for more information on this role 015314886 or 02830898345
Office 10, ITEC Business Park, 52 Armagh Road, Newry, Down, BT35 6DN
Tel NI: 028 30898345
Tel ROI: 01531 4886
Connect with Us: