Senior Design Engineer London £55-75k
Our client is an M&E Design Consultancy based in London who are looking for Mechanical & Electrical Engineers with excellent client interfacing skills. The successful candidate will play a role in providing design delivery and integration of projects across the bid, design, installation and commissioning phases.
Using excellent technical experience and communication skills, you will be managing designated projects and supervise less experienced engineers to produce designs and associated deliverables. As a member of the Building Services design team you will play a crucial role in the delivery of technical solutions.
Our client offers an excellent base salary and benefits package, support towards chartership and genuine progression opportunities for ambitious individuals.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Expert knowledge and experience in the following Mechanical design areas: Water Services, Heating / LTHW, HVAC, Fuel, above- ground drainage and BMS.
- Good understanding of electrical services and interaction between mechanical and electrical services. Deep knowledge of Irish building regulations, particularly TGD part B, F, G, L and the ability to demonstrate this knowledge in design and project lead.
- Producing Designs across the full design lifecycle
- Responsible for the technical and engineering aspects of projects
- Ensuring that the project technical and performance requirements are flowed down into the relevant work packages and validated during the commissioning and testing phase
- Coordinating all design and engineering activities between the relevant stakeholders
- Supporting the Project Manager and Construction Manager with the successful delivery of the project
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum degree in Mechanical Engineering Required.
- Chartership desirable
- Minimum 7-9 years Mechanical Building Services Consultancy Design experience.
- Experience with thermal modelling, energy assessment, dynamic energy modelling software advantageous.
- Commercial sector knowledge and BIM experience a strong advantage.
For more information about this role, please contact Jamie on 028 308 98345