Opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor in Co Cavan
Quantity Surveyor - Co Cavan
Main contractor based in Cavan is interested in expanding their commercial team and taking on a Senior QS. They offer a number of services from general contracting to modular builds, to design and build fitout projects in a number of different area’s including residential, healthcare, hospitality and retail. Very good opportunity to work with a well-respected contractor with a full book of projects for 2023.
As an experienced Quantity Surveyor, you will bring your expertise and knowledge, to support and assist the team. Fantastic opportunity for a hardworking individual to progress their career further.
- Liaise with customers and project managers
- Management of commercial and contractual aspects of relationships with customers, consultants and subcontractors
- Measure, price, negotiate and agree budgets and costs for variations to project scope
- Check project costs are correct and raise/resolve queries where necessary
- Attend pre-contract meetings, liaise with a wide range of construction professionals, and ensure timely completion of agreed actions
- Produce and maintain up to date procurement schedules
- Compile and issue invitations to tender, analyse subcontractor quotations and make recommendations for placement of orders
- Compile subcontract orders for approval
- Visit site to measure and value works completed
- Assess subcontractor payment entitlement and process payments
- Carry out reconciliation of cost and value to date/forecast to keep the management team informed of project performance
- Work closely with contract and site management staff to support the smooth running of the office and the site, carrying out other duties as required
- Other commercial matters as required
What you need
- Hold Degree in Quantity Surveying / Construction Management
- Motivated, driven and works well within team
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel and Word
- 6+ years experience
For any more information on the role please contact Blaine McManus on 015314886 or 02830898345.