Senior Quantity Surveyor Meath €65-80K
A very busy Civil Engineering company currently looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team and assist on current projects. They work on a diverse range of projects for both public and private enterprises, including carpark developments, road construction, drainage and school grounds. In addition, other services include landscaping, bulk excavation and traffic management.
Their projects are all based in Meath, so a great opportunity to work closer to home if you’re currently travelling!
As an experienced QS, you will bring your expertise and knowledge, to support and assist the team. Fantastic opportunity for a hardworking individual to progress their career further.
- Liaise with customers and project managers
- Management of commercial and contractual aspects of relationships with customers, consultants and subcontractors
- Measure, price, negotiate and agree budgets and costs for variations to project scope
- Check project costs are correct and raise/resolve queries where necessary
- Attend pre-contract meetings, liaise with a wide range of construction professionals, and ensure timely completion of agreed actions
- Produce and maintain up to date procurement schedules
- Compile and issue invitations to tender, analyse subcontractor quotations and make recommendations for placement of orders
- Compile subcontract orders for approval
- Visit site to measure and value works completed
- Assess subcontractor payment entitlement and process payments
- Carry out reconciliation of cost and value to date/forecast to keep the management team informed of project performance
- Work closely with contract and site management staff to support the smooth running of the office and the site, carrying out other duties as required
- Assist in the guidance and development of junior surveyors
- Other commercial matters as required
What you need
- Hold Degree in Quantity Surveying / Construction Management
- Motivated, driven and works well within team
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel and Word
- 7+ years experience
For any more information on the role please contact Fionnuala Lambe on 015314886 or 02830898345.