Job Location: Waterford
Inform3 are recruiting for a Site Agent to join a top contractor to work on a large bridge project associated with drainage, utility networks and urban renewal works.
The client is seeking candidates with an in-depth knowledge in civils and who is able to take on responsibility and work off their own initiative in a busy working environment.
Site Agent Requirements:
- Design review of submissions for earthworks, pavement, road furniture, markings and finishings to ensure it complies with the contract requirements
- Prepare method statements, inspection and test plans and risk assessments;
- Responsible for the technical development of staff members;
- Review quality of work on all ongoing works;
- Ensure compliance with standards and specifications for pavement design and workmanship;
- Supervision of earthworks, subbase, CBGM and asphalt pavement construction;
- Monitors work on an ongoing basis to ensure accurate testing;
- Review and advise the design team of any modifications needed to the detailed road designs;
- Propose cost effective and innovative solutions to the problems in road/pavement, roadworks and finishing works;
- Prepare estimates and participate in tender reviews as required;
- Manage and price contract variations (continuing variations and improvement works);
- Prepare and issue price enquiries;
- Prepare scoping documentation, seek suppliers / subcontractors, obtain quotations, undertake the technical evaluation, and make recommendations for the procurement of materials and services;
- Communicate with, and attend project progress meetings with the internal site team and clients;
- Liaise with the Construction/Project Manager, client and supplier on technical matters as required;
Site Agent Specification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, or Geotechnical engineering or related Engineering field.
- Experience in supervising, coordinating and managing earthworks activities
- Minimum 5 years Pavement/Concrete or Asphalt Construction Industry experience.
- Familiarity with specification for highway works and contract document preparation
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of software;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills;
- The ability to lead, manage and proactively participate in project teams;
- Hold a valid driver’s licence.
Excellent salary and package available to the right candidate. The client understands the value of quality staff, ensuring that they have put in place professional working practices and in return are looking for candidates that are self-motivated and who can deliver quality work.
For any more information on the role, please don’t hesitate to contact Michelle Keeley on email email@example.com or phone 015 314 886.