Site Engineer South Down
Our successful client based in South Down are looking for a Site Engineer where your input to construction projects will be technical, organisational and supervisory. You'll set out and determine the location for infrastructural installations, both above and below ground, and will apply designs and plans to mark out the site.
You'll also share responsibility for site security, health and safety and the organisation and supervision of material and human resources.
They are looking for driven candidates who can demonstrate previous experience in the Civil Engineering industry, who are confident in leading, with a great technical understanding and knowledge.
Roles & Responsibilities Include:
- Check all plans, drawing and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
- Ensure that all materials used and work performed are in accordance with specifications.
- Liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
- Assist with General admin, management of all staff on site.
- Oversee quality control and health and safety matters on site.
- Prepare reports as required.
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Manage, monitor and interpret the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect.
- Carry out day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors - this is site-specific and may not be the case on all projects
- Liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project.
- Degree educated in Civil Engineering / Construction.
- 3+ years plus experience as Site Engineer.
- Commercial awareness and relationship building skills
- Experience working with concrete, groundworks, ducting etc.
- CSR Qualified.
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to manage a group.
- Full UK Driver’s License essential.
- Excellent use of MS Office.
For more information about the role please feel free to contact Caolán on 0283 089 8345.