Our client is a leading UK Specialist Architectural Glazing Contractor have an immediate requirement for a technically astute document controller. Established for over 25 years they have a proven track record in providing bespoke façade solutions.
As a member of the Design Department, you will report directly to the Design Office Manager, while working within a project design team under the direction of the Technical Manager & Dept Head.
Role Summary The role is to be a focal member of the Design Team, playing an integral part in helping to deliver the complete design solution of the company’s tendered and secured workload. This will be achieved by providing creative structural solutions which meet the Architects aesthetics while proved suitable through calculations.
• Create wind load assessments in accordance with British, Euro Codes.
• Ensure suitability of curtain walling systems, rainscreen systems, structural glass and other building facades in accordance with British, Euro Codes through the creation of structural calculations and reports. This includes load determination, frame analysis and connection design.
• Produce glass design calculations.
• Ensure suitability of bracket and anchor calculations through the creation of structural calculations.
• Review with the Design Team the structural elements of live projects ensuring that the projects comply with Industry standards, project specific specifications along with good engineering practice.
• Aid with the development of Value Engineered solutions.
• Produce Structural Technical submittals.
• Assist the Estimating department by providing initial calculations at tender stage.
• Attend technical meetings with the project design team when required.
• Develop design calculations for secondary structure.
• Have a keen understanding in all relevant industry standards and Euro-codes.
• High attention to detail and the ability to contribute effectively.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Other duties as may be reasonably required equal with the jobholder’s level.
For any more information on the role please contact Clare O'Hare.
Office 10, ITEC Business Park, 52 Armagh Road, Newry, Down, BT35 6DN
Tel NI: 028 30898345
Tel ROI: 01531 4886
Connect with Us: