Our client is a leading innovative roofing, cladding and façade company based in Dublin and currently require a Technical Manager to head up their design team. This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, motivated individual looking for an excellent career development opportunity.
• Responsible for taking project from award and being key point of contact with client and Main Contractor’s, pre-construction.
• Lead the design and submittal process, carry out further value engineering exercises in collaboration with the Commercial Department, refine specifications to ensure no under/over specifying is taking place and ensure financial opportunities are maximised.
• Review Bills of Quantities thoroughly to ensure there are no contradictions with regards to what is being proposed in submittals and what has been included at tender stage. Report any inaccuracies or contradictions back to the Commercial or Project Director.
• Review details produced by internal and external designers to ensure there are no contradictions between shop drawings and submittals.
• Manage design & submittal programme to ensure agreed dates are being achieved and report any delays back to the Project Director.
• Review key project interface details during the pre-construction process, rationalise details where possible and provide cost saving alternatives to maximise profitability whilst ensuring compliance with the required specification/project requirements.
• Review specifications in relation to permissible tolerances for materials being proposed and steel tolerances to ensure there are no conflicts between systems.
• Ensure that any additions to scope of works is captured and reported back to the Commercial or Project Director.
• Identify alternative suppliers/systems for secured projects and put forward to the Client/Main Contractor in conjunction with the Commercial Department.
• Identify and propose cost saving alternatives specifications and systems.
• Review U-value specifications that have been produced by the architect and ensure submittals are not over or under specified and are in accordance with local building regulations.
• Review fire requirements for projects and ensure materials and specifications being proposed are in accordance with local building regulations.
• Be aware of material/system lead times to ensure materials being proposed can be delivered within the required time-frames of the project. Ensure to keep Main Contractor’s and Clients informed
of lead times at all times.
• Once high-level design/pre-construction work has been completed; handover the project to other departments – operations, design and QS. Identifying potential risk and opportunity that is available. A two/three stage process may be required for the handover to ensure all parties are comprehensively briefed on the project
Office 10, ITEC Business Park, 52 Armagh Road, Newry, Down, BT35 6DN
Tel NI: 028 30898345
Tel ROI: 01531 4886
Connect with Us: